[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 688: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 688: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Warpath • View topic - What to do if you get Hacked

Warpath

Warpath Forums
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 am 

Guild Member

This page also has links to Blizzards Support Phone Numbers and Webforms for starting the retrival process.

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Those who dwell on the past are just doomed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 am 

Just a personal anecdote for you guys, but I was hacked on Sunday and had everything back by Monday afternoon. I filled out the and then emailed wowgm@blizzard.com later to make sure someone would see it and lock my account. Called Blizzard at 1800 592 5499 (Accounts and Billing) to get them to remove the hacker's authenticator and let me put mine back on it.

I caught it early enough that no character was transferred but accounts handles that as well. Just be as proactive as possible about contacting them and don't let them off the hook until you get what you need. I hung out on the phone with the accounts guy and just shot the shit while I downloaded a fresh copy of mobile authenticator to my phone and set everything up. I got hacked once in BC before I had an authenticator as well and it only took 3 days for a full restore because I was on top of things so just don't put it off and you won't be that raider who's out for a week because you made a mistake.

If you get hacked its your fault and you shouldn't kid yourself otherwise.

The "emcorr.dll" type man-in-the-middle attacks aren't using the word emcorr any more obviously but you can see if any .dll files are hooked into WoW with . The DivX one is legit even though it has no company because DivX didn't want to pay for a Microsoft license. The files I had were random number sequences with the .dll extension in my WINDOWS/TEMP folder.

I've always been really paranoid and I am quick to call an officer at home and have them log on to demote me if something fishy happens with my account and I can't log in but it still can happen obviously! I've started running Process Explorer and checking for fishy files every time I start WoW up because at 30 extra seconds each login it would take almost 1000 logins to equal the 8 hours I spent dealing with this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 am 

Inactive
Main Character:
Realm: Nordrassil
Guild:

"I googled fire, claws, flying, stealing virgins and gold, and it all takes me to the same place, World of warcraft fan sites " Sam Winchester - Supernatural